Monday, May 21, 2007

UAE and Global Warming

Learning more about the global warming made me think how it is connected to my country. I was really attracted to an article titled “Beating the Heat” that was on the “Gulf News” website.

Since the temperature in the UAE is always high, espicially in the summer; air conditioning is a basic need for anyone living in the UAE, although it has terrible effects on the environment and global warming, because of the amount of electricity it needs. However, I was raelly surprised when I read about the big amounts of money that people and companies spend on air conditioning.


I think that people should try reserve the energy and start buying the AC’s that don’t harm the enviroment. The companies too shouldn’t use this great amounts of AC’s in their projects.

2 comments:

Mohamed Al Saadi said...

It's very intersting. I think every one in U.A.E should try to consume less energy.

Mohammed Alshehhi said...

I disagree with you Mohammed.
I think people in the UAE don't know enough about global warming. However, some are trying!

Thanks Mohammed.